What are the 2020 Honda CR-V Safety Ratings?
With an SUV like the 2020 Honda CR-V, Portland and Tigard drivers have plenty of power and features at their fingertips to keep them moving, and to ensure you get where you need to be, the new Honda CR-V safety ratings are here to keep you safe on the road. Some of the automotive industry’s top organizations have weighed in and are praising the model’s vast driver assist features. Learn more about the Honda CR-V safety ratings from the experts at Parker Johnstone's Wilsonville Honda!
IIHS 2020 CR-V Ratings
When the Honda CR-V was assessed by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety it was graded in terms of Crashworthiness, Crash Avoidance Mitigation, Headlights, Child Seat Anchors categories, and much more. After multiple tests, the Honda CR-V was named a Top Safety Pick award for 2020 by the IIHS* and earned the following marks: Crashworthiness
- Small overlap front, driver and passenger side: Good*
- Moderate overlap front: Good*
- Side: Good*
- Roof strength: Good*
- Head restraints and seats: Good*
Crash Avoidance & Mitigation
- Front crash prevention: Superior with optional equipment (highest possible rating)*
- Specific/LED Headlights: Acceptable*
- Child seat anchors (LATCH) ease of use: Acceptable*
NHTSA 2020 CR-V Ratings
The CR-V was also put to the test by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration** where it was rated on a 5-star scale in four main categories.
- Overall Rating: 5 Stars**
- Frontal Crash: 5 Stars**
- Side Crash: 5 Stars**
- Rollover: 4 Stars**
Honda CR-V Standard Safety Features
To ensure drivers feel protected no matter which Honda CR-V trim level they choose, drivers can always count on these standard CR-V LX features:
- Vehicle Stability Assist™ (VSA®) with Traction Control
- Brake Assist
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Guidelines
- Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) Body Structure
- Smart Vent® front side airbags
Drivers who choose the CR-V EX trim level or higher will have access to the Honda Sensing® suite which comes with more technology to offer better visibility and traffic information on the road. The Honda Sensing® features include:
- Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with Low-Speed Follow
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
- Road Departure Mitigation System (RDM)
- Auto High-Beam Headlights
- Blind Spot Monitoring System (BSI) with Cross Traffic Monitor
- Multi-Angle Rearview Camera with Dynamic Guidelines
Take Home a Reliable Honda CR-V at Parker Johnstone's Wilsonville Honda Today
With the impressive build, design, and safety features of the 2020 Honda CR-V, you can feel safe and secure no matter where the road takes you. Are you ready to make your way over to Parker Johnstone's Wilsonville Honda and experience all this Honda SUV has to offer in person? Learn more about the CR-V maintenance schedule or take a look at our inventory of new CR-V models for sale and additional Honda SUV at great prices. Contact us today for more information and to schedule a test drive at our dealership near Wilsonville and Sherwood!
Disclaimer:*For more information from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, visit https://www.iihs.org. **Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program. For additional information on the 5-Star Safety Ratings program, please visit www.safercar.gov. Model tested with standard side airbags.